Monday 15 October 2012

I'm much in awe of Ian Sidaway's fine liner drawings, and look forward to each new post he puts on his blog; the confident lines, the feeling of "less is more " yet the cross hatching shows how much work has gone into those images. So it is with some trepidation that I post these two drawings done in nib pen and fine liner: this one (above) is" zoom-in"to a scene I sketched in Portsmouth harbour.  Ihad started out with the intention of drawing the barge "Alice", but berthed alongside her was a yacht with people getting ready for sailing. I included them and then realised I was more interested in their poses and movement than the rest of the scene, hence the above drawing.  The original sketch with notes is below:
 
It was a bright but very breezy day. I had tucked myself away behind a "Figure head" ,but it was cold and the hurried look shows in the lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment