Sunday 12 August 2012

Summer folk: there's something about the exuberance of summer in Britain, which fascinates me: the outlandish dress code or lack of..., tattoos and paunches alongside well dressed and carefully turned out 70 somethings, the over done gaudy colours; maybe it's something to with with "well it's not here for long so let's give it everything we've got!" I don't do great art but I enjoy recording what I see, so ....enjoy!

on Shanklin seafront there's  a great wobbly bouncy slide,lots of people wandering past it (acrylic 7.5x 4.5 ins); further on there's a row of beach huts, in front was a very mahogany man with clearly nothing better to do than sit all day in the sun. Good luck to him. I remembered the image and did 2 pictures, a first in  pastel pencil then a watercolour.



No comments:

Post a Comment